Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chief

It has been fun and endearing watching Chief as he has tried to grasp and understand the whole pregnancy thing. He seems to understand pretty well and is very excited to be a big brother. I need to write down a few of his comments so I can remember them. 

*Back in September we were at our favorite smoothie place ordering from a teenage boy when Derek asked him "Do you have a baby in your tummy?" Of course this boy responded with a weird and kind of embarrassed "No" and Derek proceeds with an almost then your not cool tone in his voice "My mom has a baby in her tummy"

*He has been watching carefully as my belly has grown and went through a phase where we had to compare our belly sizes after each meal. He would tell me "Your belly's getting bigger" and then at about 8 months he started to be more specific saying things like "Your belly is huge!"

*He loves to hug and kiss my belly and ask "Did he like that?"

*Lately he has been talking about his brother like he is already here. He is not shy at all and usually strikes up conversations with anyone anywhere we go and likes to share the news that he is going to have a brother.

*He told my parents a few weeks ago that of all the babies his brother is the cutest.

*I think I usually tell him when I have my check-ups that Dr. Terry is going to see how the baby is growing. For the past few weeks I have been saying that soon I will go to the hospital and the baby will come out of my tummy. One time he asked "Is Dr. Terry going to be there?" (This kid remembers everything)

*Yesterday while driving in the car he was eating some grapes and found an extra small one and said while cuddling it "Oh, it's a baby grape! It came out of my tummy!"

*He will hug my belly and say "I love my brover"

No comments:

Post a Comment