Thursday, March 7, 2013

Comparisons

Measurements

1st pregnancy: I gained 22 pounds and measured 36 cm
2nd pregnancy: I gained  27 pounds and measured 36 cm

As my pregnancy has progressed it has been hard to compare it to last time because I didn't journal enough.  I can remember certain funny stories and moments that I want to write down now so I can compare. 

1st pregnancy:

I remember feeling like I was going to faint one day at work so I had to sit with my head between my legs.  I was only 6 or 7 weeks along so I hadn't shared the news, but being sick made me so happy I was unable to hide the huge smile on my face and they figured it out pretty quick.

I remember keeping track of how the baby was developing on a website and they compared the baby to sizes of food. I think I was about 9 weeks when they compared the baby to the size of a grape. I was so tired and exhausted and Kyle said how surprised he was that I was already having pregnancy symptoms and my response was "It's hard to grow a grape"

I remember not caring about throwing up a few times a week, I was happy to be sick.

I remember tears of joy streaming down my cheeks during the 20 week ultrasound.

I remember feeling pretty good for the most part and enjoying the pregnancy.

I remember taking off my wedding ring to go to the hospital to be induced.

2nd pregnancy:

I had to excuse myself from a patient one day at work to go throw up in the bathroom.

I have kept track of the baby's growth again and had fun reading what was new or developing.

I felt so content and happy during the big ultrasound finding out we were having another boy.

The baby is almost always active in the evening from 5 to 7  I love to sit focus on his movements.

This time it has been easier to see my whole belly move as a hand or foot sticks out or moves across.

He has had the hiccups quite often.

I have been swollen the last two months. Some days are worse than others but I haven't worn my wedding ring for a while. I did put it on for my maternity photo shoot but could barely take it off again. 

I feel like I have arthritis in my hands, they fall asleep easily and it wakes me up at night. I've even had my hands fall asleep while I was working on patients at work.

My ankles are pretty gross when they really swell up.

I am not sleeping well, I am often awake between 3 and 5 am. Once in a while I will get up and get started with household chores, but usually I lay there hoping to go back to sleep.

My back has been quite painful.  At first it was the lower left side, then either or both sides, then I also started having right sciatic pain. I have been doing pool physical therapy. It feels so nice to be weightless in the pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment